I mean, I can think of a lot of examples which highlight that Danish mainstream culture is quite racist and have written about them at length.
So, let’s have a heated debate. Do you readers out there think that Denmark is quite racist in the mainstream? Or is it just little pockets? Can one say “It’s not racism in this country to do x”, if anyone has been offended by it? Is it just individuals making mistakes and not indicative of the culture as a whole?
Strictly no derailments!
Examples include personal attacks and the following:-
1) America/the UK/every other country is the same/worse
2) That’s not racist! You’re overly sensitive/can’t take a joke.
3) Shut up and go home.
Like my main man Lao Tzu says:-
“A great nation is like a great man:
When he makes a mistake, he realizes it.
Having realized it, he admits it.
Having admitted it, he corrects it.
He considers those who point out his faults
as his most benevolent teachers.
He thinks of his enemy
as the shadow that he himself casts.”
If someone is telling you that you have shat the bed, you probably don’t say
1) Other people (e.g. babies) shit in their beds all the time
2) I was joking when I shat the bed/it’s my culture to defecate here
3) Get out of my bedroom if you don’t like shitty beds!
But rather: please tell me more about developing my voluntary nocturnal anal continence.
Let’s do that here. (But for racism and not recumbent bowel evacuation. )
- Noble Savages (adventuresandjapes.wordpress.com)